Sunday 14 March 2010

A new adventure
















So this is us, after a rough sailing in a hailstorm (40 knots) but ending in a beautiful dark grey sky with magic beams of sun.

I´m not a sailor at heart, like Hampus. I´m more of a traveller, a vagabond who happens to go by salingboat, happy to reach the next port. It´s not that I don´t like sailing, I do, it´s just that I prefer to visit new places, make new acquaintances and explore the culture of a foreign town, country or continent. And now I´m somehow on my way to the Caribbean - sailing?! But after all, I do like seeing new places and people and I do like sailing. But things change, and maybe by the time we reach our destination I´ll become more of a sailor and less of a traveller?

As I embark on Ingeborg and on this journey I also bring a lot of fears with me. Most of them concern my bad back. Since a carcrash, 18 years ago I've got a bad back and I´ve gone through a arthrodesis and just about a year ago I got hit from behind and got a whiplash. It scares me to be this fragile if it ever would come down to "man against nature" and the fact that I´m in a lot more pain out at sea. The good side of it is of course that there´s no cars on the sea...

So this is me. Looking forward to a new big adventure in my life and to be a part of Hampus' lifelong dream, but a little uneasy because of the fact that I sometimes feel like I´m in the shape of someone twice my age.

The photo summarizes a lot of my feelings about sailing, it can be beautiful, breathtaking or scary - but it´s always nice to make landfall and have gained a new experience. It´s freedom.

Lotta

3 comments:

  1. Hej Lotta
    Se till att ta med dig en halskrage och en stödkorsett för ryggen när ni åker ut så kan du sätta på dig dessa som extra stöd när det är tuffare vågor.
    Tänker definitivt ha med mig en halskrage när vi seglar längre då jag har problem med nacken och alltid får förskräcklig huvudvärk i början av seglingsperioden om vi får busväder innan jag övat upp all muskulatur igen.
    Ni ska väl ha ett båtapotek med er med diverse smärtstillande medel också.
    Ska bli jättekul att följa er på era äventyr. Vi är glada bara vi kommer i sjön i år :)

    Cia med Adastra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Cia!

    Tack för rådet! Ska höra med min sjukgymnast om krage nästa gång jag är där. Det är ledsamt med alla tvivel jag går och bär på, tar bort så mycket av glädjen att komma iväg. Var förresten inne och tittade på er blogg - Adastra verkar bli en pärla! Så mycket jobb, jag är imponerad över allt ert arbete. Har ni lång/längeseglings planer när hon väl är klar?

    Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Har en PDF med Rekommenderade mediciner från OSK.
    Lars Bremberg, Captain S/Y Aura, läkare på KS har sammanställt ett förslag. Skicka mig din mailadress så skickar jag den
    ciaraud@hotmail.com
    Cia

    ReplyDelete