Sunday 18 July 2010

The adventures awaits! But still...

We´ve thrown the moorings and the adventure awaits! But still, somehow, it feels like a holiday cruise. The farwells on the dock were not prolonged goodbays - I knew I would see my family again. My sister and her daughter are coming with us for the first week, my mother´s coming up to Helsingborg to see us, my dad probably as well and my grandmother´s living here. (Later my sister will come to the Canarie Islands or the Carribean and my mum will also sail with us, maybe in Scotland?) My farwells has not yet begun and I guess thats why. Hampus may have a differt view since I don´t think he´s family will come along so he won´t see them for a while - at least for a year and a few months.  I know he´ll miss them.

The first night we anhored outside the island of Ven. We had a nice cruise getting there but in a slow pace. Kicki, a friend and her son Teo also came with us so with two small children we took it easy in the beginning with mizzen and genoa and later when they felt more at ease we hoist the main sail.



In the night, with gusty winds and backwash waves, we lost our swimmingladder (a detachable one). No more anchoring or swimming until we replace it... Sad to say. From now on it´s harbours and with nearby swimming facilities!

Second day we sailed to Råå, in the outskirts of Hesingborg, to meet with the welder. He´s says we should be off by wednesday. Just outside the pier harbour the engine commited suicide or more correctly took a nap. After a bleed of air and a change of dieselfilter he woke up again and we could yet again take down the sails.

So for a few days we´ll be landlubbers but we need´nt be idle, we´ve got plenty to do...



...for example cleaning the dieseltanks!


/Lotta, with a really truly incredibly sweet boyfriend smelling of diesel

No comments:

Post a Comment